Specialization of the Law Firm Aspect in the sphere of corporate law is to resolve most complicated problems, based on the conflict between the company participants or members or with a third party.
The conflict can be current – when it has to be resolved urgently to retain the company’s activity and its assets.
The conflict can be anticipated – when the main task of the lawyers is to reveal and prevent the conflict and provide the protection of our client’s interests.
We do not deal with simple procedural matters such as company registration or liquidation. We undertake only challenging tasks, high risks and business saving.
Law Firm Aspect has accumulated 15-years experience in this field being involved in:
- optimization of the enterprise internal structure (group of enterprises), defining the weak points, anti raid activity, company reorganization and restructuring;
- legal support of deals concerning purchase and sale of business, including share sale in share capital, company assets sale, conducting a complex legal check (due diligence);
- protection of the minority shareholder’s rights, getting legal access to accounting and other documentation;
- return of shares alienated in an illicit way, restoring the records in the shareholders’ register;
- recovery of assets in the interest of the company and initiated by a member;
- appealing the decisions of governmental and municipal bodies, altering and amending constituent documents;
- reestablishing the corporate control;
- bringing to liability a negligent director, claiming and recovering damages;
- dismissing negligent shareholders, whose actions do not let the company function effectively and cause losses to the company.
The Law Firm Aspect has extensive practical experience in business protection sphere, having participated in large corporate wars when around 20 cases were considered simultaneously, law-enforcement authorities’ audits were conducted and mass media attacks took place, criminal cases were initiated and other dirty technologies were used. In Russian corporate conflicts the parties keep fighting until the complete elimination of the opponent and common business. In Europe corporate conflicts are conducted in a more civilized manner – the parties cooperate to evaluate the situation and agree upon their mutual benefit before the real conflict takes place.
If a corporate conflict is going to occur and there is a potential threat to your business, our professional team of experienced lawyers can help you save your business.
This category of complicated conflicts is correctly characterized by the rule: “We think unconventionally, consider the case from different points of view, we win the war, not a single battle”.
The managing partner of the Law Firm Aspect Stepan Mataev presented his paper Corporate Conflicts: Threats and Possibilities on 23 May 2016 at the Conference in the Great Hall of the Tyumen Regional Duma. The Conference took place within the framework of the VII Legal Week of the West-Siberian Law Chamber.
The paper deals with the actual kinds of corporate conflicts and is based on the examples of cases won by the specialists of the Law Firm Aspect, including the liability of the head and members of the company for the damage caused; contestation of the company’s transactions made by one of the members; contestation of the decisions taken by the head departments of the company; exclusion of the company from the member list.
You can read the paper here.
On 19 April 2018, at the Forum Partnership in Business: War and Peace of the IX Legal Week Stepan Mataev’s paper draw a wide response.
His presentation appeared to be the most quoted in mass media and Facebook, many people liked its original format, thrilling story and useful conclusions.
The article, based on that paper, Star Wars: Tyumen Matrix deals with the main ideas articulated at the Forum and contains practical recommendations. It can be found here.