Chairman of the West-Siberian Law Chamber Council, which unites major law firms in Tyumen.
Member of Interindustry Expert Council of the Commissioner for protection of rights of entrepreneurs in the Tyumen region.
1997 – Law Faculty, Tyumen State University, graduated with honours;
2008 – Business administration course based on the programme Management developed by the Business School of the Open University of Great Britain (held in Non-State Educational Institute of Higher Professional Education International Institute of Management LINK (MBA)).
Law practice since 1995. Litigation practice for 20 years. Personally takes part in the most difficult litigation disputes on a regular basis.
In 2016 Law firm Aspect – was ranked by Chambers and Partners in the area “General business law – Russia regions“. The managing partner of the firm Stepan Mataev was mentioned: «Praised by clients and respected by peers, he is known as a client-oriented, diligent litigator. One interviewee said: «He is able to successfully win the most complicated, drawn-out cases of corporate conflicts».
Permanently takes part in legal forums and seminars organized by Non-Profit Partnership West Siberian Law Chamber, LegalStudies.RU and LegalStratagency (A. Khvoschinsky, Berlin):
– the Annual International Conference IBA Managing a Law Firm;
– seminars by LegalStudies.RU, LegalStratagency Promotion and Sale of Law Service, Customer-Orientation, Individual and Team Effectiveness of Lawyers, Risk Management in a Law Firm, Professional Skills of Legal Correspondence, The Technique of Formalization of Contracts and Legal Negotiations, Fee Policy in Law Practice, Financial Management in a Law Firm: Fees and Billing, Compensational Systems, Profit Distribution.
Short-term enhanced training in the Law Institute M-Logos (Moscow) Legal Due Diligence: Purposes, Methods and Effective Technology.
International courses and master-classes
– Personal Effectiveness and Leadership in Law Business (Amsterdam, 2010);
– Planning the Development of Law Firm for the Next Year (Paris, 2011);
– Law Business in the USA. Managing a Law Firm (San Francisco & San Jose, California, USA, 2012).
– Litigation practice tendencies in the field of building contract in 2012//Judicial practice in Western Siberia, March 2013;
– Problems of concluding state and municipal contracts by the examples of judicial practice 2013//Judicial practice in Western Siberia, January 2014.
Judicial practice in Western Siberia – official edition of the Arbitration Court of the West-Siberian District.
Awarded letters of gratitude for many years of hard work and high professionalism (Decree of the Chairman of the Tyumen Municipal Duma, 26.05.2014, № 103-p, Decree of the Chairman of the Tyumen State Duma, 01.12.2014, № 860-rn).